How chatbots are fighting Covid-19?
Covid-19 pandemic has hit the world unexpectedly, triggering fierce and anxiety among society. In response, health organizations around the world have immediately worked with mass media to provide accurate, up-to-date information about the spread of the disease to all citizens. Besides mass media, many healthcare organizations have also disseminate the information via digital channels using advanced technology, one of which is chatbot.
What is Chatbot?
Chatbot is a software application used to conduct an on-line chat conversation via text or text-to-speech. The platform where chatbot interacts with users is much smarter than the traditional automated dialog system. By building conversational scripts using Machine Learning, AI-powered Chatbot can learn by itself, understand every question and need from users and give corresponding answers.
During the Covid-19, even though chatbot has been used for different purposes, its main goal is to inform citizens with accurate, up-to-date information about the pandemic as well as measures that keep them safe and healthy.
How chatbots are fighting Covid-19?
- Information is archived solely in one chatbot, making it easy to access: As figures change every hour due to the rapid spread of the pandemic, it is necessary to update and supplement information in chatbot constantly. Chatbot is like a Covid-19 expert; they can learn and memorize everything, from the beginning to the peak of the pandemic, from symptoms to protective measures. If you have any questions about Covid-19, ask chatbot, it will immediately give you the answers. You don’t have to search for articles on the Internet or spend time reviewing news that were released weeks ago.
- An easily updated platform: Chatbot allows to update live statistics and coronavirus news tracking the number of confirmed cases, recovered patients, tests, and death toll easily via API, helping it provide accurate, up-to-date information to citizens.
- Chatbot reduces strain on health workers: Millions of phone calls to hospitals and healthcare centers ask for advice and support, making the hotline and agents in call centers overwhelmed. Agents also cannot provide citizens with detailed information due to time limitation. Therefore, chatbot can be at the front line of the COVID-19 outbreak response, helping solve common problems before health workers intervene.
- An user-friendly platform: Chatbot can be easily integrated into popular conversational platforms, such as Facebook, Messenger, Whatsapp or Viber, allowing users to chat with it anytime, anywhere.
- Reliable sources of information: News that is used to train chatbot is from reliable sources, such as the World Health Organization (WHO) or national health organizations, and evaluated by doctors and experts. Therefore, chatbot guarantees to provide accurate information to citizens.
- Chatbot can be built at home: Due to social distancing amid the Covid-19, many employees have worked from home. Yet reporters and journalists were the exception. They had to get news from hospitals or hotspots, making them face higher risks of infection. However, with chatbot, setup team can gather news from mainstream sources to update information instead of collect news from hotspots, helping them safe and improving productivity.
Covid-19 Chatbot of Information Technology Department (Ministry of Health)
One of the most effective tool for dissemination of information is the Covid-19 Chatbot of Information Technology Department (Ministry of Health).
While Vietnam just confirmed a few cases of infection, the Information Technology Department immediately cooperated with FPT.AI to build the Covid-19 Chatbot. The Covid-19 Chatbot is built on the combination of AI-powered FPT.AI Conversation and Vietnamese natural language processing, allowing it to understand the intent of the user through their sentences and give corresponding answers with the accuracy of 96%.
After a week of deployment, the Covid-19 Chatbot was ready to support citizens across Vietnam. Especially, on the peak of the pandemic, it could automatically answer over 5,000 questions per day. In addition, as Chatbot constantly update latest coronavirus news, it can provide accurate, live statistics and information tracking the number of confirmed cases, recovered patients, tests, and death toll in Vietnam and countries around the world.
During the pandemic, the Covid-19 Chatbot of the Information Technology Department (Ministry of Health) has successfully completed its mission in providing accurate and up-to-date information. Besides healthcare, in customer service, chatbots are also a great choice for businesses and organizations to streamline the customer care process and increase customer experience.
👉Start building chatbot with chatbot creation platform FPT.AI Conversation: https://bot.fpt.ai/
☎ Hotline: 0911886353
📩 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org